Friday, April 27, 2012

Places: Paoay Sand Dunes, Paoay, Ilocos Norte


After enjoying different views of the Paoay church, our next destination was the Sand Dunes. It is located at the Western part of Malacanang of the North, Paoay, Ilocos Norte.

Paoay Sand Dunes


It is the most extensive sand dunes in the southeast asian region, unique in the country which affords ultimate thrills via sand boarding, dune bashing, wind surfing, kite surfing, body surfing, stunning sunset, stargazing, over-night camping and many more. This is the place where ANG PANDAY, TEMPTATION ISLAND, HIMALA, BORN ON THE FOURTH DAY OF JULY, MAD MAX were shot.


Dune Bashing
We were offered the rate of Php 1,500 for a 30 minutes 4X4 ride which I refused.  For me, it’s a kind of exorbitant. I’m on a budget and it was only my first day so I need to be cautious of my expenses. Nevertheless, we proceeded and climbed up some higher part of the fore which still mixed with soil and grass. I just took some shots of the actual “Dubai-like Hatta Desert”.



You can also discover pleasurable early morning and late afternoon beach strolls along the coastline of the South China Sea.

To know more about my adventures to Ilocos Norte, you may visit my other blog site at: 

No comments:

Post a Comment